11 Sep yield take on Xerocon 2018
Last week the yield team attended the 2018 Xerocon here in Brisbane. With just over 3700 delegates, 40+ speakers and 2 days let’s just say there was a lot to see and do. The event was even trending on Twitter!
Xero’s CEO Steve Vamos opened day one with his vision on what’s next for Xero. From “beautiful accounting software” to “beautiful business”. Xero plans to transition from just a cloud accounting software to a small business platform.
The new features announced by Herman Man, Vice President of Product and Alliances all worked towards a common goal which was “keeping accounting simple and accurate for business owners”.
The announcement included:
- Email-to-bills: The feature will automatically populate details into Xero from an emailed invoice such as supplier, amount, reference, and due date;
- Hubdoc: Xero has acquired a Hubdoc that streamlines administrative tasks such as financial document collection, data entry and document management;
- Bank Feeds: Global API that will allow FinTech or other financial institutes to sync their bank feeds into Xero;
- Bank Payments: A new API allowing payments to be triggered from within Xero;
- Invoicing: The module has been rebuilt applying machine learning technology to populate reoccurring entries and thus simplifying the process;
- Xero app marketplace: Curated app recommendations for clients;
- Lodgements: Activity statements can now be lodged directly to the ATO from Xero;
- Xero Learn: A program that will give students access to the software through tertiary courses preparing them for the real world.
Now is the time to simplify your business processing and make the switch to Xero. Talk to one of our advisors to set up a customised Xero platform that works for your individual business needs.